Random Thoughts….Rice ‘n Beans
Some questions I’ve already been asked this week:
- “Mom, how come birds don’t get electrocuted when they sit on power lines?”
- “Mom, when can I use Teen Spirit so my underarms won’t smell?”
- “Mom, why does your car sometimes look like a homeless person’s?”
- “Mom, how come Quincy licks his privates?”
- “Mom, when can I shave?”
I’m slightly caught off guard by these questions, especially at 6 am. So I try to muster up some answers.
- Birds have special material on their feet like rubber. Yours don’t. So please don’t ever try to sit on a power line.
- When you’re 15.
- Homeless people don’t have cars. Can you try to be more sensitive? And btw, it’s your car, too.
- Because he can.
- See answer #2.
In my house, there’s no need for an alarm clock. Since having kids I’ve never had to use one! Each morning I’m greeted with my own personal morning show that’s so much more entertaining than any cheesy duo on the FM dial. If only I could prevent the morning show from showing up on the weekends, we’d be in business. But, once an early riser, always an early riser. So I’ll just keep my running list of questions by my bed and post the ones that are noteworthy, such as the ones you see above.The randomness of kids is what decorates our lives. So please post any doozies of your own on our FB Page. Oh, and thanks for all of the likes btw!
But on another random note, has anyone found really good rice ‘n beans lately? I’m having a hard time. Nothing seems authentic at the ‘oh so authentic’ Tex Mex chain restaurants ’round here. And being a huge fan of rice ‘n beans, it’s high time we get some good ones. So until then, I’ll just make my own.
Here’s a recipe that’s been tweaked and came out really good. So, tonight, it’s rice ‘n beans to go with our chicken burritos and random questions.
Random Rice ‘n Beans